Our first Hackathon ever, became a great success.
I have the last days compiled a report. This report has been sent out to the people who have been important for the success as a small gesture of gratitude. Some of my project friends have returned with comments and enhancements the report is a living document and has been changed many times and can still be enhanced.The report is available for download, see below
The universities have selected for the 4th of October as the preliminary date for 2019.
The winning teams 2018:
- KTH best overall solution
- Originality and Creativity - KTH
- Potential Business Value - KTH
- Technological Quality - NTNU
- The best team in Aalborg: Team 2
Link to the Case description Link to voting info
“The case in itself was interesting and it was cool with an inter-Scandinavian competition”
“The local setup was good. The case was cool and relevant.”
“Cool that it work with the remote setup. Very little technical issues.”
“There were problems with acquiring the data set and using the tools we were given, but we had a good mentor and had an interesting experience.”
“The fact that you guys were able to gather different experts and mentors of different industries together for this single event was great! The fact that they were available all through the event was another great thing! Next, I think you guys professional attitude towards the execution was really good. Thumbs up for that!” (Students, Mentors and Judges where sent the survey.)
See Video "Glimpse" from Aalborg University.
SAP SBN Hackathon 2018 - Aalborg from Adfahrer AB on Vimeo.
Thank you to the following:
- Charles Møller, Aalborg University
- Elad Schiller, Chalmers University of Technology
- Björn Thuresson, Kungliga Tekniska högskolan
- Terje Rølvåg and Stein-Ove Erikstad NTNU (Trondheim)
- Dr. David B. Cameron, University of Oslo
- Jesper Skov Gretlund, Ørsted
- Rune Myklebust, Siemens Gamesa
- Mattias Karlsson, Vattenfall
- The Winners from KTH
- Nenad Keseric, Equinor
- Knut Sebastian Tungland, Equinor
- Troels Fleckenstein, Vestas
- David Egebjerg Colgan, Accenture
- Stefano Holguin, SAP
- Mads Cift, Mentor, Business&Integration Arch Manager
- Morten Wichmann, Management Consultant
- Kay-Arne S. Aarlie, Sales Manager
- Ruben Behaeghe,
- Joseph Rouhana, Nordic Energy & Natural Resources
- Keynote the SBN Conference
- Dietmar Steinbichler, Enterprise Innovation Architect
- Jonn Tholstrup Bendtsen, Business Process Architect
- Mark Jaxion,Lead of IoT and Industry 4.0
- Accenture Nordic Marketing with Natalie Birk, Karen Hagen and Louisa Skylderman for sponsorship and excellent support
- David Egebjerg Colgan, Managing Director, SAP Business Group Lead, Nordics Accenture or supporting the event and Judging the presentations Students made.
- SAP Norway’s CEO, Stefano Holguin and his Management team: for supporting the event from start to finish, covering important meetings and Judging the presentations Students made.
- The SAP Fedem organisation with Audun Grimstad, Business Development Director and Joseph Rouhana, Nordic Industry Lead, Energy & Natural Resources and for supporting with the WindPower Case.
- Adam Dudits, Director University Engagements Baltic's, CEE, CIS, Nordics for supporting the event from start to finish, covering important meetings and sponsoring the Students in all Nordic locations with SAPNextGen T-shirts.
- The for the success important Student training was conducted Maria Lomonosova, Analytics Cloud, Thomas Schörner, BUILD, Stein Tronstad, HANA Query Engine, Dietmar Steinbichler on UI5 and WebIDE and Dietmar also supported with the case
- The SAP Nordic Presales Teams: led by Hans Kristian Moslund, Pre-sale Manager Denmark and supported by Tim Greni, - Head of Presales Norway & Baltic's and Anders Heimer, Pre-sale Manager Sweden. They were playing a key role supporting the event and sponsoring the Hackathon with the Cool Kombucha, Pizzas, Wraps and Backpacks.
- The Global User Groups Organization, with Brindha Safai as key person. The organization introduced us to SAPs professional Mentors and attended multiple planning meetings to enable the success.
- SBN CLT President, Hans Butenschøn from Fred Olsen Energy, and Vice President,
Bente Boger from The Norwegian Armed Forces, for their warm support of the idea.
Link to Hackathon information pages and pictures
As a bonus the Oslo Team presented their idea at the SBN Conference
Link to the Event description
Link to the Time-line
Link to the Judges and Mentors
Link to the Case description