This event have been postponed to the autumn of 2018.
You can still sign up to register your interest and we will keep you informed.
Background: the rise of Digital Twins
The Internet of Things (IoT) and Digital Twins are on the rise. Gartner has named Digital Twins as one of the top ten strategic technology trends. Gartner expects 21 billion IoT endpoints by 2020, and a 35% annual growth rate in years to come. Industry and society at large are eager to adopt new innovative solutions that will deliver insight and understanding providing real and tangible value to end users.
The real challenge, how to embrace the new opportunities - this lies ahead of us.
Join in to this Hackathon!
- Compete against teams from Nordic universities in 5 locations
- During 24h, your team will design, build and launch ideas that enable new insight, understanding and decision support related to the operations of large-scale industrial assets and your intellectual property belongs to you.
- You will learn and gain experience of a state-of-the-art cloud-based development platform from SAP
The Case - A data set from the wind power industry
- Description and 3D model data for a specific wind turbine installation including data from a running instance of a digital twin.
SAP Cloud Platform
- You will receive a package containing easily accessible educational material, including tutorials and videos. The SAP products and technologies to be used are: https://www.build.me, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit.
- Outlines, Mock-ups and re-use of Existing components are accepted as end result.
Business idea's on usage of a Digital Twin technology is central for the judgment of the result.
- A Diploma for your CV signed by:
Adam Dudits, Director University Engagements SAP,
EM Fahrer, CEO SBN-Adfahrer and your University contact and Mentor. Will be given to all participating students.
- --> The Prize Money for the best overall Hackathon solution is 10.000SEK/NOK/DKK (Local Currency)
--> In addition, the team with the Hackathon idea which has the best:
- Originality and creativity will be rewarded with 1000SEK/NOK/DKK
- Potential business value, both short term and long term 1000SEK/NOK/DKK
- Technological quality, with focus on new and emerging developments 1000SEK/NOK/DKK
The judges from SAP, academia and professional industry experts will be listening to the presentations and vote for their favorit.
Who can participate?
- BSc or MSc students, typically in engineering/ICT subjects, but also other study tracks are relevant as team members. Teams can have 3-6 members.
Judges from Statoil, Siemens, Vattenfall, Ørsted
Read about the judges on this link
Sponsors from Accenture, SAP
Become visible at this "hot" event attracting the best students!
We offer Hackathon Roles and Nordic and Local Sponsor Offers.
Download the Sponsor options on this link.
Organizer: EM Fahrer | +46 70 5697808, em[at]adfahrer.com
Contact: Charles Møller, M.Sc.EE., Ph.D. | Charles[at]mp.aau.dk | +45 9940 7101
Att: Charles Møller, +45 9940 7101
Fibigerstræde 16, Room: 2.119
Chalmers University of Technology
Contact: Elad Schiller, Docent | elad.schiller[at]chalmers.se | +46-31-772 1052
Chalmers University of Technology
Att: Elad Schiller, +46 31 772 10 52
Rännvägen 6 (Room No 5110A)
S-412 96 Göteborg
KTH Royal Institute of Technology,
Contact: Björn Thuresson, Senior Researcher | thure[at]kth.se | +46 704-460164
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan
Att: Björn Thuresson, + 46 704-460164
Lindstedtsvägen 5, plan 4, rum 4450.
114 28 Stockholm
NTNU (University Trondheim)
Contact: Terje Rølvåg, Professor | terje.rolvag[at]ntnu.no | +47 40065114
Att: Terje Rølvåg, +47 40065114
Richard Birkelands veg 2B
University of Oslo, SIRIUS organisation,
Contact: Dr. David B. Cameron, Centre Coordinator | davidbc[at]ifi.uio.no | + 47 48084637
University of Oslo
Institutt for informatikk
Att: Dr. David B. Cameron, + 47 48084637
SAP University Engagements, Adam Dudits | adam.dudits[at]sap.com
SAP Cloud Software, Dietmar Steinbichler | dietmar.steinbichler[at]sap.com
SAP Oil&Gas, Joseph Rouhana | joseph.rouhana[at]sap.com
Oslo, Martin Brownsword, IT/CIO customer contacts | mb[at]sbn.no | +47 91711593
Trondheim, Bernt Bakken, Oil&Gas, | bb[at]sbn.no | +47 48034248
Aalborg, Cathrine Kjær, | ck[at]sbn.no | +45 51295638
Stockholm, Joakim Löves, Meeting Technology, | jl[at]sbn.no | +46 70 667 65 68
Gothenburg, EM Fahrer | em[at]adfahrer.com | +46 70 569 78 08
Location and Time
16 Mar 11:00 - 17 Mar 14:00
Logistics, Project Leadership, IT, HANA, Our Sharing